Search Good Living

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Highlights from the Family Vacation




1) Yes folks, that IS in fact, a bat. A nasty, furry, wriggly, clawed, bat. One afternoon a family of them decided to come visit the back of our borrowed house. They hung from the screen door, flew so low around our heads the girls screamed out of fear for our hair, landed on the umbrella, and crawled all over it like the ugliest flying gerbils you've ever seen. Ask me how I sat still in a chair underneath them to get this picture, just ask me.

2) Eating the first sno-cone I've had in years by the light of the setting sun one night, it tasted SO good. Almost as fun as watching my niece polish off the rest of it. Too cute.




3) Watching Baby S interacting with his eight cousins who love him so much!


4) Eating salt water taffy until my teeth ached: key lime pie, carmel apple, blackberry, chocolate mint, marshmallow and more.


5) Finishing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow's.


6) Getting to buy a panini maker with my share of the vacation "fun" money. S played golf twice with his share. Grilled cheese here I come!


7) Wearing jeans in late July because it was going to be 52 degrees that night. I love fall and can't wait for cooler weather!

8) Baby S's first family vacation, he did great.

No comments: