Search Good Living

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day

Well hello there, somebody's been completely absent, haven't they?  Blogging is a funny thing, I told myself that I didn't care who was reading but that I'd only write when I felt like it...and then life took over.  We have been busy enough that sitting down and blogging on our seven year old mac (that took 47 minutes to upload pictures on) was a chore.  

So I haven't.  

But now it's sounding good again.  So if anyone is still out here, hi.  Here are a couple pictures from our day in Chicago last weekend.  Scott let me pick whatever I wanted to do with the day: breakfast at Lou Mitchell's where the kids experienced their first box of milkdud's (at 9 am in the morning), prunes in bowls before the meal and "Mitchell Mouse pancakes."  It was hilarious, and is now Sam's favorite restaurant.  

Then we went to church, and Fox and Obel afterwards to grab the makings of a picnic lunch.  Practically adjacent to the store is a branch of the Chicago River, and some really cool fountains.  It's a neat place to sit on a bench and watch your kids chase pigeons, as they intermittedly try to feed the birds pieces of a $3.50 creme brûlée tart.  So glad I bought that.  Not.



Last, we landed at Millennium Park, wandered under the Bean, through the gigantic face fountains, and planted ourselves in the green grass lawn to play football, tickle, giggle and eat really good bread.

It was the perfect day, thank you honey!

2 comments:

astapp said...

Still reading. Thank you for the wonderful update. Mother's Day dream day. Way to go, Scott. :) Love to you.

Jen said...

Hooray!! Someone is still reading...thanks for noticing friend! :) Love you back, are you moved back in yet??