1) That I am listening to Christmas music already?
2) That the heavy gray clouds and blustery wind made me happy yesterday? Who wants 80 degree sunny days in October? Not me.
3) That I've already made my grocery list for Thanksgiving? This scares me...it's our first year to host a big holiday and the pressure is beginning to mount. Do I get a free range bird? Fresh or Frozen? Do I brine or just go Butterball? Will we be able reproduce the old family stuffing recipe? The questions are endless.
4) That ever since I received a few Starbucks cards for my birthday I can't stop going four times a week for a $4.37 white mocha...one of the worst drinks for you but it TASTES ohhhhhhhhh so good. Especially with a little whip cream. It's supposed to be my "special occasion" drink but somehow has become a more regular part of my life. That needs to change and soon.
5) That our house has blown through eight pounds of butter (thank goodness for Costco!) in the last month? Hmmm, two recipes of Anna's Parkerhouse rolls, apricot cream cheese bread, snickerdoodles, and I can't even remember what else. My arteries feel hard.