Search Good Living

Thursday, November 01, 2007

The 11th Plague

The past 6 days I have been fighting a silent battle, a war really, against the ladybug.

Does anyone else have this problem? Ever since the weather started getting cooler, a host of them continue to swarm around the south side of our house. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out HOW they continue to get inside the house.

At first, I was sentimental:
"Ohhh, a cute little ladybug. My Grandma En loves these, I'll just cup it in my hand, open the screen door and release it back into the wild so it can play with it's ladybug friends."

Yes, I was that stupid. Too chicken to kill them.

Not anymore. Just this afternoon I crunched 19 of them in my bare hand, making their way across our windows, floors and ceilings. They continue to plague our house and home, with their incessant crawling and buzzing and flying and making of that stinky green ladybug puddle on my hand when I go to move it or squish it.

What have we done to deserve this? Shall I expect a plague of frogs and flies next? As far as I know we're not employing any slaves in our household, like the Egyptians from Exodus.

Sigh. I don't know what to do except turn to poetry to help deal with the stress. I believe this short but eloquent poem expresses it well: I shall call it Lady Bug.

Lady Bug, Lady Bug,
Why have you come out to play?
Lady Bug, Lady Bug,
Please go away.

The End.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also am battling the ladybug, though not quite as many.... are they all ladies or are some gentlemen?

Jen said...

:) Never thought about it, interesting question though! Loved the last set of pics, she is just too cute. Sam has two teeth now, I can't believe it.