Search Good Living

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mark my words...

Has anyone else received the most recent Williams-Sonoma catalogue?  The Thanksgiving 2007 edition?  

I drooled and slathered my way through it today at lunch (while inhaling a bowl of Trader Joe's Gorgonzola Gnocchi.  A whole bag.  By myself.  Granted, it was a small bag.) and decided that someday, mark my words, I will work there, and then throw the most fabulous parties involving things like truffled mushroom risotto phyllo purses and garlic parmesan white bean croustades, with bacon chestnut bundles on the side.  Ohhh the artisan cheese plates I would create, and would perhaps leave a plate of petit fours placed by the door, the steps leading out lit with their white lantern candles, for guests to grab on their way out. 

Can you imagine me and a 20% discount in this store and catalogue?  I highly doubt our household would break even.  Oh well, a girl can dream.

On a side note, if you are hosting Thanksgiving for the first time, as I am, the little "A Well Planned Thanksgiving" book they are giving away for free in the stores was very helpful.  I think I'll try my hand at their parmesan rosemary cracker recipe.  The lists in the back hit a sweet spot in my heart. 

No comments: