Search Good Living

Friday, December 28, 2007

Another Good Thing

From Trader Joe's.

It's become a tradition in our small family on Christmas morning.  Upon waking up, Scott makes a roaring fire, I whip up some hot chocolate with Ghiradelli cocoa and marshmallows and we eat chocolate croissants, flakey and fresh out of the oven, while reading the Christmas story from Luke chapter 2.  

The first year we did this, I spent WAY too much money ordering them from here.  Granted, we only ate two and I was able to bake the other 13 of them for a Mother's Day brunch, but still.  So, when I saw that Trader Joe's had their own version, four croissants for $3.99, sitting in the freezer section, I had to snap them up.

And guess what.  They were delicious.  Hauntingly familiar.  Want to know why?  The same guy who makes them for Williams-Sonoma, creates them for Trader Joe's.  And guess what, for $40 less, counting shipping and tax.  Crazy.

Buy a box, allow them to sit out on a cookie sheet overnight to rise, and bake them first thing the next morning.  A perfect special occasion treat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job uncovering that SCAM!!!! You are awesome!!
-K.B.

David Jennings said...

JB (B)!!!
Elle Bushong sent me your way... shoot me an email and I'll send you some pictures of my daughters / otherwise play catch up with you. Claire turns three this May, Hailey is just over thirteen months, and my third and final installment in the daughter department will be arriving in late March of this year. (You read that right - three under three!) So, lots to talk about.
In the meantime, I hope you and yours are doing well...
Dave J
mrdaj78@gmail.com