Search Good Living

Sunday, February 17, 2008

To Be

"And then there is time in which to be, simply to be, that time in which God quietly tells us who we are and who he wants us to be.  It is then that God can take our emptiness and fill it up with what he wants and drain away the business with which we inevitably get involved in the dailiness of human living."

Madeleine L'Engle, Walking on Water

This strikes a chord within my heart in a very deep place.  For me, taking time to just be could entail sitting at the piano, plugging away at a Bach Fugue, just because I love it, not because I need to use it somewhere.  Or journaling on clean white pages with a "juicy" black pen, or sitting/walking somewhere outside by myself in quiet prayer or meditation.  

How often do I DO any of these things?  Not nearly enough.  And this is the true business of life, making time for God to change us into what HE wants us to be.  

I never made a New Year's Resolution, maybe this can be it.  

Taking time to be.  

No comments: